“Provide peace of mind by treating others the way I would like to be treated.”
Brad joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2014. He is currently serving as a manager in the tax department working primarily with tax and consulting work for closely-held businesses.
Prior to joining Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith, Brad worked as a senior accountant at a local accounting firm. Being a diligent and detail-oriented person, he loves the work he does and credits this for his growing success. In the past, Brad has helped clients detect fraud and has helped develop ad valorem closing procedures to inform clients when their returns were filed.
Brad grew up in Anniston, Alabama and currently resides in Hoover with his wife, Cara. When he isn’t in the office, Brad loves being outdoors, golfing and playing other sports.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- University of Alabama
- Masters of Tax Accounting, 2010
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration, Accounting, 2009
- Authenticity: What Does It Mean to You?
- What Is a Family Office?
- 2018 Contractor Method Changes
- Significant Rule Change for Tax-Exempt Organizations Reporting Donor Information
- Qualified Business Income Deduction
- EBP Audits – Does Your Plan Require an Audit? If So, How Can You Prepare?
- New Lease Standard – How It Affects Contractors
- A Tale of Two Accounting Firms: Making Sure Your CPA is Approaching Your Business and Personal Finances Holistically
- Tax Reform & Choice of Entity Considerations
- Tax Considerations for Restaurants Entering New Markets
New Thought Leadership
Share: FacebookTwitterLinkedinRising Stars of Birmingham BusinessCongratulations to Mark Underhill for being named one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s Rising Stars of Birmingham Business! Mark works primarily with privately held companies and their owners in the areas of tax compliance, planning and consulting. Thought LeadershipAuthenticity: What Does It Mean to You?What Is a Family Office?2018 Contractor […]
Share: FacebookTwitterLinkedinGo Film Alabama! Written by Mark Underhill, CPA All across the country, various state and local governments have been trying to lure film and entertainment companies to their location to produce their next project. They entice films with various incentives ranging from state tax credits to sales and use tax exemptions, and everything in […]