“I see my clients as people, not as projects.”
Kate joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2009 as an intern, and currently serves as a manager specializing in reviews, compilations and multi-state tax returns. She primarily works with general and subcontractors, manufacturers and restaurants. She also has experience with travel agencies and various other service providers. In 2017, Kate was named as a BBJ Rising Star in Accounting.
Kate attributes her success to her faith in God as well as her driven and goal-oriented personality. She was interested in going into accounting because she liked the idea of helping small business owners be successful.
Kate grew up as an “Army brat” and moved eight times before she graduated high school in Germany. Her experiences as a child have helped her learn to adapt and thrive in new and different situations. Kate currently resides in Birmingham and enjoys the revitalization that is going on in the city. She also enjoys hiking, spending time outdoors, traveling the world, and being a member of Redeemer Community Church in Avondale.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Salvation Army Christmas Party Chair for Birmingham YCPAs
- Birmingham Business Alliance OnBoard Birmingham Initiative
- Member of the ASCPA Leadership Academy Class V
- Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting, 2009
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Arts, German, 2009
- Master of Accountancy, 2010