“If I can’t help you, I’ll find someone that’s a better fit who can.”
Melanie began her career with the Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith team in 2005 as an intern. Now, as a senior manager in the tax department, her focus is on multi-state tax preparation, non-profit compliance, international compliance and individual tax planning.
Melanie attributes her success to being detailed, objective and thorough. She also has great supportive and encouraging parents and a husband who doesn’t mind pitching in on household chores. Melanie’s passion for accounting comes from her love for a great challenge.
Melanie grew up in Auburn, Alabama and met her husband at Auburn University. She and her husband currently reside in Trussville and have two children. In her free time, Melanie enjoys visiting national parks and hiking. She also has a deep appreciation for photography.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- First Baptist Church of Trussville
- ASCPA Leadership Academy, Inaugural Class (2011-2012)
- Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration Accountancy, 2005, summa cum laude
- Master of Accountancy, 2006